After some days of relaxing holidays, I would like to share with you ideas of a flexible seating classroom! That’s something I have been reading a long time ago, but in my opinion we should try new ideas.
- WHAT’S FLEXIBLE SEATING?
A flexible seating classroom could be described as a space where students can find different ways to seat depending on their needs. The idea is to have different seating options depending on the activity they are going to do, their preferences…
- WHY FLEXIBLE SEATING?
We all agree that education has changed a lot in the last 50 years. That’s why the law, the competences, teachers preparation, degrees… had changed too. Some researches show that children and also adults should avoid sitting for too long. It is good to change our body position.
- These kind of classrooms would help teachers and students to change their positions during a day.
- Also they would provide more opportunities to change the activities.
- Some studies show that students are empowered to improve in their grades.
- The students would be happy to choose. It gives them responsability and they would participate more.
- It is helps to work collaboratively.
SOME IDEAS TO CREATE A FLEXIBLE SEATING CLASSROOM
If you want to create a flexible seating classroom it is appealing to look at your space, your subjects, your material, your children… 1rst grade classrooms would not be the same than grade 6!
- Grade of your students, subjects you teach, material you already have….
- Space: try to design different areas!
- Tables: It would be nice to have different kind of tables!
- Chairs: balls, couches, bunk beds, benches….
If you want to know more about FLEXIBLE SEATING, I recommend you to visit the following websites! Just CLICK!